Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I live in Chaos

I live in chaos.  If you have been to my house you would quietly agree.  I don't know why I can't seem to keep a clean house.  I think I have finally figured out I am creating the mess and the mess is dominating my life.  At the beginning of the week I made a list.  The days of the week were displayed with the rooms of my house divided and chores.  My goal not only clean up but clean out.  So this is the third day I'm pumped. This is an amazing feeling.  Maintaining will be the harder goal.  My shopping has a lot to do with the mess I'm in now.  I have fought the urge to get a Target fix for two days.  I don't even need anything!!!!  My will power is being tested here.  Here's to hoping I can kick the shopping habit and finally have the clutter free house of my dreams.  

4 comments:

anghop75 said...

Random jen, I like that name. This blog thing is cool. Life in chaos, we must be in the same club just different chaos. Let's do lunch this week or what's left of it. Tomorrow? I got a new car last night!!!!!! Callme.

Angela

Ashley B. said...

You go girl! About 2 weekends ago I cleaned out both boys room and got rid of 17 bags of clothes, toys and just STUFF. It was an amazing purging!!! I am so tired of being owned by my stuff. I, too, need a Target fix at least once a week. I've started either leaving my purse in the car or only taking in $20 when I go. Makes it a lot harder to make impulsive purchases and usually by the time I get back out to my car to get more money....I've talked myself out of it. My hubby really likes my new plan. LOL!!!

Patyrish said...

We did a clean out last year and it's amazing the stuff we had that we threw away. I totally understand because my DH hates throwing stuff away too and I have a habit of saying "well what if I need that later on?"

Finally the rule was if it's not been used in a year THROW IT OUT. That made such a difference and it's so much easier to maintain and we have SO much more room!

tiredmom said...

Hey there!!

I really like this blog thing that you have going on here. Now, keep in mind that as you begin to clean and go through your house to save all the good stuff for me. I still have lots of room to decorate. We had a great time at Jackson's birthday party. You can come see us anytime..

Love and miss you,

Carrie