New Etsy shop up and running will be adding items like crazy the next few days. Take a look. Link on the side bar.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Got this from another blog and thought you might enjoy it as much as I did.
Have a Blessed Day!
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Abigail is serious about him doing his "homework" things the therapists want him to work on. Jackson is finally able to sit in the bumbo seat without falling over constantly. The first picture is to show the marker that is all over his hands. Abigail is working with him to learn to write. He is doing pretty well, and enjoys putting marks on the paper. I don't know where he would be without her. They have a truly amazing bond.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
All of the things we were trying to get for Jackson have been approved! He will have a new bath chair, the britax special needs car seat and an amazing stroller wheelchair combo thingy called the kimba stroller. This is like Christmas. Our next big thing will be to try for the sleep safe bed. This is a twin size bed that has plexi glass railings like a crib. He really needs something since he is getting more mobile. I really think his congestion would be better if he had a bed that elevated also. So we will try.
Not much else going on school is now out so everyone is home. It will be nice to have the extra help around the house. Speaking of extra help Jackson's nursing hours have increased from 17 hours per week to 51 hours. Yeah I know quite a jump. I still haven't decided if I will use more hours or not. Mommy guilt has kicked in and I can't seem to just give in and have the nurse come more often. Post pardum is rearing it's ugly head these days. I am dealing with a lot right now. Nothing major just having a hard time with knowing this is the last baby. I realize I made this decision but that really doesn't change the emotions of it all. It's funny I can remember telling my mom that I wanted to do more with my life than just be a mom and here I am with three amazing children wanting nothing more than to just be mommy.