Monday, April 14, 2008

Good News Bad News

O.K. Just got back from the doctor.  He gave me an antibiotic for what is more than likely a sinus infection.  He was way impressed with little man.  We haven't been sick since we came home from the hospital Yeah.  He admitted he thought he would be seeing us often and that he would have pneumonia alot, so go Jackson for staying healthy.  He is thinking once the cleft palate is fixed drainage will get much better.  I have doubts based on other kids stories.  Anyways the bad news is the helmet really didn't reshape his head.  This I know and trips to Dallas were wasted.  The fact that we had to have it off for so long didn't help.  He thinks we will have to have it surgically fixed.  This scares the hell out of me.  Apparently this is important so his skull doesn't fuse before his brain is finished growing.  While I am sick about the idea we don't need complications down the road.  

Enough of that I really don't want to stress over that right now.  I just got an email from this amazing photographer in Dallas and we won a photo-shoot.  I had to write about Jackson's story and we all know how touching that is soooo.  Her site is andreahughesphotography.net   if you want to check it out.  Her son has a rare condition as well and wanted to offer a contest to special needs families.  Thanks Trish I wouldn't have known about it without you.  I am so excited.  This is great great news.  

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Uhm yeah that sucks BUT he will pull through that just like he has pulled through all the other stuff. That little guy is a tough cookie.

cant wait to see the photo shoot pics