Sunday, December 28, 2008

What a Christmas

Christmas was a blast! We didn't do anything. No one came to our house we didn't go anywhere and it was wonderful. I wouldn't want this to be the norm but it was great not having to cook a huge meal or smile through gritted teeth at some members of the family. Abigail got up about 7:30 and wanted to check the reindeer food and yes the reindeers ate it all up. She then had to check the cookies she so diligently made with love. They were gone too. Then the big thing she asked for seemed like an impossible toy from Santa, but since Santa is an avid Ebay shopper her fantasy came true. She asked for a My Little Pony Nintendo DS with sparkles. Yeah no joke. Well, apparently you can order covers in just about anything your heart desires and it got here in a very timely fashion. It even has her name on it. We opened the fifty toys over the course of the day. I hate opening Barbies they have too many pieces and they are all attached with rubber-bands. My aunt out did herself this year and surprised us with a Wii. I wouldn't break down and buy one so.... We have had a blast. It really is worth all the hype. Abigail has caught on quickly and will soon out pass us on ability. Jackson thinks it's hilarious to watch us play. He has really been laughing so much more lately. We must look goofy to him. He had gained 1 pound. I was hoping for more but a gain is a gain and I will take it. Chris still has a week off so I am trying to come up with more projects. He isn't impressed. Chris' dad gave us money for Christmas and we decided to buy a wall of bookcases. Well I had no idea bookcases would be so hard to find or so expensive. Needless to say this debate is ongoing in our house. I am so cheap! I think he will wear me down but I'm trying to hang in there. He continues to remind me of my quest to have the house just the way I want it. He is very good at this. Part of the problem is there is a matching office computer desk. We have been wanting one for a while. We have had the Wal-Mart versions that break or are impossible to move without breaking. Anyway. I will let you know who wins this one. Love you all. Be safe Hope you enjoyed your holiday just as much as we did.

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

Glad Jackson is gaining. If it's any consolation I swore Makily would never get over 20 lbs. She was the skinniest little thing. Once we got her on that toddler formula she chunked right up.

I love the Wii too. It's pretty cool.

Your cheap like me, Allen always has to fight with me about stuff like that too.