Saturday, December 6, 2008

BUSY!!!!!

We have been doing serious clean out around here. This is by far the most nesting I have ever done. I had a guest room that doubled as my craft room. If you have ever witnessed this you know what I mean when I say I could have opened my own store. The stuff was piled high and the closet unable to reach or close that door. I should have taken a picture of all my shame but you will just have to imagine. That room had to be completely cleared out for Chris to paint over the Thanksgiving break. Sometimes being a teacher rocks.(He had the whole week off to work on the house) I threw away countless trash bags and bagged over 20 bags of stuff for goodwill. Abigail's new room is painted and she has been living in it about a week. We are getting new carpet for all the kids rooms on Wednesday, so the rooms are somewhat torn apart because they don't want anything on the floor but the big furniture. Last night Chris primed and painted Caroline's room white. My friend will be adding lots of color so we went back to plain white walls. I guess it took having that third child to make me really get in gear. I have complained about my house being so full for years now. I did most of the damage by my shopping. I think I have had an important break through in the last few weeks. I am finally doing something about my problem house. I thought when we bought a house with almost 3000 square feet we would never fill it. HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! I am trying to take my anxiety about the baby (something I can't do anything about) and put that energy into the house (something I have the power to change) See the break through? I'm feeling really mature right now. Go Me! The only Christmas decoration I have out is the tree. I didn't think I could get away with not putting it up. I just don't want to add to the clutter.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the finished rooms!