Friday, December 12, 2008

Sweet Caroline

Today was one I had spent weeks stressing over. I had an appointment with the at risk doctor. He has the really fancy equipment and we were to get the 20 week ultrasound done there. I don't think I would have been so stressed if this was not the same doctor who had the privilege of telling us things would be wrong with Jackson. I remember every detail of that appointment 20 months ago. I thought I was going to talk to him about pre-eclampsia and when I was going to deliver early, instead it became what would start the nightmare of fears for our baby boy. One of the things I told Chris this morning was as scared as I am I think if he is the one to tell me everything is fine I will finally relax and believe it. After two hours in the waiting room we were brought back to the same room the room. I was surprisingly calm, nervous but calm. Then we saw her-- she was sucking her fingers, then she yawned and started moving and kicking around. Every measurement was right on schedule. Our baby looked perfect. The dreaded doctor came in to take a look as well. He remembered every detail of Jackson and found a way to show me that all of those things were fine in Caroline. It was an amazing appointment. Our genetics counselor came in to watch the ultrasound too she has been through hell with us and cried with us. Now we got to cry tears of joy. I feel so great right now! Thanks for all the prayers you knew before I did things were fine.

3 comments:

Mel said...

YAY! I'm so glad to hear that you had a good report. Now, maybe you can relax and ENJOY!

Stephanie Rese (St-Pierre) said...

Jen, I am busting with happiness for you guys!!!!!!!!!!

joyboytinkertoy said...

that is so great.. congratulations..