Monday, May 26, 2008

Lubbock or Leave it

So we drove two hours on Friday after Chris got home from school so that Chris and Jackson could have a short stay in a new "hotel".  They only had to stay from 7:30pm to 12:00am.  Abigail and I did some shopping while we waited for them to complete their stay and then got a hotel room of our own.  The nurses packed in to see a baby.  Apparently Jackson hammed it up for them and was very intrigued with them.  I guess if you are used to seeing elderly people this was a great change. After picking them up at midnight we were all exhausted.  We spent Saturday driving around our old stomping ground.  I am always surprised at how much I miss Lubbock.  Then again those were the good days of going to class and having no job, no kids and nothing to worry about.  The town has grown so much!  We drove past our old town house it brought back a flood of memories.  We are truly blessed to have had such a good time early on in the relationship.  Thirty days from now Jackson will be on medicaid!!!!! 

1 comment:

Patyrish said...

I am so jealous of your medicaid.

sigh

Happy for you guys though.....I think maybe now that we have another one in the house we may qualify but I am not sure how that works with fosters. Will try it and see.