Monday, April 6, 2009

Hectic-- A small Update

Things have been crazy around here for a while. WE can't seem to keep everyone well at one time. Jackson was hospitalized for pneumonia from Thursday to Saturday of last week. That was quite an ordeal. Chris took the day off to take Jackson to the doctor and run my errands since I was on bed rest. We thought he had another ear infection. Needless to say we were not prepared to go to the hospital. The doctor was thinking he might have a blood infection based on some other things going on with him. WE are very grateful it was only pneumonia. During that time tests were done on me thinking I had preeclampsia again. So the same day Jackson is in the hospital I am supposed to be on bed-rest. Ha Ha . The test came back normal for me thank goodness. Jackson is doing well now and continues on breathing treatments and an antibiotic. I have been going to the doctor twice a week and am done with all this. I am tired of driving over there about thirty minutes away and tired of all the poking and prodding that has gone on this pregnancy. I am grateful to such a caring and cautious doctor but am really ready to not go anymore. Abigail was sick with a stomach bug Friday but bounced back within 12 hours and had a 4 hour nap. The bug was just enough for me to get it and I spent all day yesterday in the bathroom or in my room. I guess I am lucky it happened on the weekend. I am barely hanging on this morning but another doctors appointment awaits me in about an hour. I think I will request Caroline be born this week instead of next. I don't know how that will go over but a girls got to try right.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Good grief!! Hopefully everyone has had their "episodes" and you can have your baby while Jackson is still loaded on the anti-biotics. Do you have family in your area? Parents/grandparents? I don't know what I would have done had I not had my mom's help while Jillian was small. Jillian got too big for her to handle pretty quick but she sure helped a lot with my older boys (5 & 8 years older than Jillian).

Try to take it easy (Ha!!).

Patyrish said...

I wish I was closer so I could help. I can't imagine all that going on at once AND being pregnant, due any day on top of it. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

I can't wait to see pictures of Caroline and her mommy.