Sunday, May 24, 2009

space for crafts

When Caroline needed a room I lost my craft room. The things we sacrifice for our children. I had attempted many spots only to end up with stuff everywhere. The kitchen table has not seen us eat there for a few weeks now. Things were getting out of hand. Then the brilliant idea came to me. Honestly I was expecting Chris to shoot it down so it was a half hearted idea. Only much to my surprise he not only like the idea he started moving things around immediately. We have a very large bedroom. So I thought what if we pull the king size bed to the middle of the room and create the wall behind the bed as a craft area. I then want to have a curtain run the 16 feet across the room to become a backdrop for the bed. Sounds great and things are completely torn apart now but how the hell are you supposed to have a 16 foot curtain run the width of your room? That part I am very open to suggestions. If this project works go us otherwise a lot of work went into a giant mess. Wish me luck and a big margarita at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Sounds great to me. Would several "screens" (I'm not sure what they are exactly called) next to each other to span the 16' work? They would not go all the way to the ceiling but might accomplish the mission.