Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!



I have been meaning to post about our family trip to Las Vegas and out of laziness am just now uploading the pictures.  We spent two weeks with my mom and her husband.  We did all the average touristy things like the strip and lots and lots of shopping.  In fact Chris and I both had to send boxes home which was cheaper than pay for another bag on the plane.  We took a direct flight 2 hours and 10 minutes (the kids were perfect both ways) you wouldn't have even known we had kids with us.  Thank God for small things.  Chris spend the first week attending a government conference which according to him was excellent.  The excellent part for me was getting to spend the week days with my mom away from husbands!  Jackson is usually a momma's boy but with Grandma around I was nothing.  They got a chance to really bond for that I am very grateful.  If you ask Abigail about Las Vegas she immediately tells you Grandma has an alarm on her house.  This was traumatic for her because she made it go off and she is skittish with loud noises. She will also tell you we ate corn dogs in Las Vegas.  Her favorite food is corn dogs so this was a highlight.  After those two things she will eventually tell you she got a build-a-bear.   I spent 80 dollars on this bear with many outfits and it rates behind a stinking corn dog but that's a 4 year old.  

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Glad to hear that everyone had fun..build a bear..expensive! Your blog looks great by the way! Good luck on getting your nursing care taken care of..sounds like no fun! Hang in there..maybe you can have the nurse person watch him while you go to the store? That would be hard since you are a SAHM..have a great week!

Patyrish said...

I love corn dogs.....ugh it's so wrong to mention corn dogs to a gal on a diet! LOL

So glad you had a great time. I would love to go to Vegas one day. So cool that Jackson and Grandma bonded.

Oh and Build A Bear? They can REALLY get you. I swear you go in there for one measley bear and $100 later you are like "what just happened"?