Wednesday, August 20, 2008

These Things Will Change!

Doctors and websites all said my baby wouldn't walk, talk, or do much of anything. That is a tough reality to hear. It is a parents worst case scenario. We have watched our baby who had a 2% chance of being born alive fight. He has fought and conquered more in 16 months than we thought he would in his whole life. We are really struggling with how hypotonic he is. He is like a rag doll on a good day. Physical therapy is much more exhausting for me than him, but what we are lacking for progress in physical strength we are making leaps and bounds mentally. We now have about 12 pictures of things that are important to him like toys and family. He can look at a series of pictures and pick out the correct one we are asking for. He is also made the connection between the picture and the object. His communication skills are excellent. He is trying to say the words with the pictures. It often comes out as the first letter sound of the word but very impressive. We are on such a high from the things he has been doing lately. These things so many people said he wouldn't do. There are so few people chosen to have a miracle in there lives. I know better than to think I will wake up and all the obstacles in his life will vanish but .......... I love a good unexplained miracle! Here's to Jackson and all the things that are subject to change!

2 comments:

Stephanie Rese (St-Pierre) said...

Go Jackson!!!

The Desert Dweller said...

Jennifer, Your dad just directed me to the blog so I could read the news for myself. There's no way I can express how excited I was to hear how far Jackson has come! However, I have always had faith in little boys that doctors want to give up on. You give him and Abby a hug for me! Marilyn