Sunday, June 1, 2008

Shaken

I have been reading the blog of a little boy with trisomy 18 Jacob Fahmer.  Most babies with trisomy 18 are not born alive or only live a few hours.  This is what the doctors quietly didn't what to tell us they thought Jackson had.  I have been going to the blog everyday to hear how he is doing and what mischief he has gotten himself into.  It had become a part of my daily routine.  Last night the blog entry was news that he had passed away.  They got to spent 139 days with their miracle.  Reading other peoples' lives has created a sense of family for me.  I have cried for this family as if they were my neighbors or close friends.  For so long we weren't sure if Jackson would live and still have fear for his life.  I'm not sure just how close Jackson came to dying in those beginning days.  Today I mourn the loss of everyone who has lost a child, accident or illness doesn't change the sadness.  Please pray for this family and others like them.  They have had to endure so much. Please pray for peace for their family.  They have two other boys who deeply loved their brother.  I find myself hugging my children a little tighter today.  Enjoying every sound and sweet thing they do.  I want to memorize every detail.  Life is truly too short.  

2 comments:

Patyrish said...

I do the same things Jen, it shakes me to the core when one of these little ones passes. It's just another reminder how fraile life is.

Stephanie Rese (St-Pierre) said...

What a sad thing. I went through this feeling recently when one of my friend's son's passed away and I went to the funeral. Makes you want to go home and breathe them into deeply...